These workshops run 10.00am – 4.00pm. £185.00 per person. Held on Fridays or Saturdays, we will announce dates via the blog posts so please press the follow button if you haven’t already. If you have a group already in mind and are ready for a new experience, do contact me an we can make it a date! All materials, firings, lunch, drinks and biscuits are included. All the equipment you need will be available throughout the day.
This is a great first forage into the wonderful world of fusing glass. To make your perfect piece you need a good base to design from. This course will teach you everything needed to produce pieces that you will be proud of and want to show off.
The morning is guided with a cutting sheet for a few fun projects, just to get you used cutting glass and to the materials available. After lunch you will have a large sheet of glass to produce your own masterpiece/s! Whether that is one large picture or lots of smaller pieces. Patience is then required as your beautiful artwork will have to be in the kiln for approximately 24 hours for each firing. These will have to be collected at a later date (or they can be posted to you, P&P from £15.00).
For safety reasons you will need to wear full shoes/trainers (no sandals please) and your not so precious clothes. I do have aprons available in the studio.
You will learn:
- How to cut glass safely and confidently using a Toyo glass cutter
- The importance of the compatibility of firing different types of glass – we will be using Bullseye glass
- What inclusions are and how they can be used – glass frit, metals, Glassline pens and paper, bubble powder, stringers and more
- How the top firing temperature effects the finish of your piece. What is meant by tac fusing and full fusing
- What to use to clean glass before firing and why it is essential to do so
- How to use an electric grinder and ring saw
- And much more as we chat through the day so bring a notebook.
No previous experience necessary.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Feathered Glass studio
Pip and Karen x